PDA

View Full Version : The Portrait Of Beast ...........

Ritesh Nangare
05-11-2013, 05:47 AM
I call him Beast because he is very huge tiger and he is suppose to be the biggest tiger in India.
His name is Whagdove (the meaning of whag is Tiger ,Dove is Marathi word use for Tank ...means tiger of a tank).
he wights above 250 kg. he hold a territory around 50 Km.and four females to company him in it.
he is very Bold male Tiger.
his one eye injured in the fight with Gaur (the Indian wild Bull)
This is An awesome portrait of the tiger but ruin because of the grass stick which go across the face i am sorry for that ...... but from my angle i did not able to do much.
Pls do Suggest me the way i can remove the stick. i tried lot of things but no use.....

here are the exif ..............

Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Shooting Date/Time 04/19/13 9:37:47 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/2000
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

Steve Kaluski
05-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi Ritesh, sadly for me this is a non starter as the grass across the face obscures to many parts of the face and detracts from what could have been a nice image. There are 'perhaps' certain things you could do in PS to reduce the softer areas of the OOF blades, but really the nose would be impossible to replicate and the time input would be too great. I think it's an image that is 'so close and yet so far' and very frustrating for you I'm sure.

Keep the images coming and please feel free to chime in on other threads too.

TFS
Steve

Nancy Bell
05-13-2013, 11:55 AM
The only thing I can think of is if you have another image, equally close in size and perspective, and yet the nose is clean from interfering grass, you could clone the "clean" nose over this obscured nose. Most likely it will not be a perfect fit and you then could use "edit", "transform" to mold the new nose properly. This tiger does have a certain, battle-scarred look to him.

Gabriela Plesea
05-15-2013, 12:22 PM
What a special sighting, Ritesh. Sadly there is little you can do to remove the grass across the tiger's face. I once tried to rescue an image of a genet and painstakingly cloned here and there-eventually I deleted it because it was too frustrating to look at. Keep the image, this is a special representative of its species and you might never have the chance to see this tiger again. Thank you for sharing it with us, looking forward to more from you.

Kind regards

Gabriela