PDA

View Full Version : Great tit & Goldfinch

Jonathan Ashton
05-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Tripod head Canon 7D canon 500mm f4 L IS ISO 200 1/800 sec f8, image taken from garden hide, sunflower seeds used as bait.
There was a bit of a stand off here, they tend to be unpredictable, you would expect the feisty goldfinch to see the great tit off but thisis by no means always the case.
All comments welcome.

Gary Esman
05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
beautiful birds on a gorgeous perch. Only thing I might do is add a tad to the left side. Sharp, well exposed and a nice background.

Gary.

PhilCook
05-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Two species at once....great stuff. Color and smooth backdrop work nicely, love the lichen perch....I'd be inclined to add more on the left though and maybe get rid of that one vertical nubby bit of broken twig

Grace Scalzo
05-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Such nice color! It's a pleasing image to view. Agree that more room on the left side will add balance.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Jonathan,

I would just add a touch of contrast and call it a day. Looks great. Nice interaction captured here. Wish for just a tiny bit more room to the left, giving the one on the left some room to hide into if he needs it :)

Miguel

christopher galeski
05-11-2013, 01:43 AM
nice image,like the BG,nice light,sharp nice detail,agree on more room on the left and doing something with the vertical twig with the new broken bit.

Satish Ranadive
05-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Excellent image of two species together. Very nice set up.
Beautiful colors,poses,details,interesting perch and very nice composition.

Regards,
Satish.

mohammad reza shahab
05-11-2013, 04:13 AM
Beautiful BG,poses,details and very nice perch.

Randy Stout
05-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Jon:

Fun interaction for sure, nice colors, bg. Agree about room on the left if you have it.

The clump hanging below the perch helps balance the mass of the birds above the perch.

Cheers

Randy

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Sweet shot Jonathan. I love the perch and the different body positions. I too would add some canvas to the left

Jonathan Ashton
05-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone and I have to agree with what you said about more space. There is a problem though, have a good look at the left and right ends of the branch, it is possibly more evident on the left. Do you see the lichens are stretched? I already extended the left and right sides so it would prove difficult to extend any more. I currently have the feeder and perches set at an ideal distance for a small to medium bird using the 500mm, when two birds are in the frame it becomes tight so I have to decide what type of day it is going to be - either a 500mm or a 100-400mm, on this particular day it was the former.
I would have told you about the extension, I had not done so previously because I wanted to gauge if anyone had found it noticeable.:w3

jack williamson
05-11-2013, 11:27 AM
I have looked at this several times and keep coming to the same conclusion, this is an excellent shot! I love images where all elements are in focus and sharp, except the BG which is perfect here. I did not notice the extension until I read your last reply. Well done.

vishaljadhav
05-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Lovely interaction between two beautiful birds, i love it

Frank Schauf
05-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Great comp and bg, nice work.