PDA

View Full Version : Chillin' - The Wider View

Rachel Hollander
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
In the other thread I said that I would post another image from the same sighting that I shot wider.

Canon 5D3
70-200 II @ 75mm
1/200
f4.5
ISO 800
EC +.67
Flash used
HH from safari vehicle, luminosity mask, levels,curves, selective burning and color adjustments, sharpened in CS6.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Steve Canuel
05-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi Rachel,
Not sure what it is I like about this scene (other than a great pose and IQ) but I really like the look of the bright sky against the branches, leaves, and leopard. I also like the bits of the big branch on the side and top that help frame the leopard and the subtle colors. I enjoyed viewing this one.

Anette Mossbacher
05-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi Rachel,

very well done. Love as usual your details and the overall. Behind the Leopards left ear it is a bit busy with the leaves, but that is up to everybody's taste. I might take it away, some others don't!
Like the tail in front of the tree trunk and not in the back.
If you did a clean up between the tail end and tree trunk, there comes something out! Have a look. I cannot see exactly what it is and I am more or less on the run out of the house for a weekend trip. No time to pull it in PS and zoom.
Also that dead stick at the Leopards behind, I would cut it down :S3: But that is just me. maybe I like garden work "so much" :w3

Have a great weekend

Ciao

Anette

Jonathan Ashton
05-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Gorgeous shot Rachel love the detail in the leopard. I think the foliage looks more natural in this image than the previous one. If I were to change anything I would make the sky a little less bright, probably by launching two images from ACR and superimposing one on t'other and brushing the required areas.

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Hi Rachel I think I prefer this one, however I'm with Anette on cropping out the tree on the LHS and perhaps just coming in a bit, have a look.

TFS
Steve

Randy Stout
05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Rachel:

I like the hanging out pose, beautiful animal. I agree with the other folks about just a bit of pruning.

Were there clouds in the bg? The sky looks rather splotchy as if toned down unevenly.

Love the see the big cats.

Cheers

Randy

Rachel Hollander
05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Thanks everyone. Anette -Nothing removed. Not sure what you are seeing except I think Randy's right and I didn't burn the bg evenly. Interesting that some like the tree framing and others are suggesting a crop to remove it.

Thanks again,
Rachel

John Ippolito
05-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Hi Rachel,
Just compared the two images, and as nice as that close up is, this one looks more natural to me - the leaves above the leopard, that is.

Anette, and Steve's idea of cropping the left has some merit. Beautiful cat, nicely processed. These are all personal prefernces, but in the end they both workvery well, and you are the artist/photographer. Nice work.

Morkel Erasmus
05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Hey Rachel
I agree on cropping in from all sides a bit. I would also consider warming it up a tad - the flash left it a bit cold for my tastes...
Nice sighting!

hirandesilva
05-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Hi Rachel,

Sharpness, depth of field is superb. It is difficult to find these Leopards that any good image is viewed with excitement. As suggested above and IMO If the brightness/white in the background is reduced the leopard might standout better. Love the gaze into the far distance.

Hiran

Rachel Hollander
05-11-2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks John, Morkel and Hiran for the kind comments and suggestions. As always, they are very much appreciated.

Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
05-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Hi Rachel,

back and pulled the image in PS. I had a closer look at those spots. I have no clue what it is. Looks like distance branches or so. Not sure. I would take my "Dyson" to clean that :e3

Ciao
Anette