PDA

View Full Version : Blue anemone (Anemone-apennina)

Jonathan Ashton
05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Tripod Canon 50D Canon 180mm macro ISO 100 -1.0 1/500 sec f8
This anemone was growing in some woodland I have access to, there were large expanses of them along with snake's head fritillaries, I always find it difficult to get a group shot of flowers so I decided to go for a portrait, all comments welcome.

Norm Dulak
05-09-2013, 02:09 PM
This image of a beautiful flower is artfully composed. I like the angle of the stem and the way that the flower opens invitingly toward the viewer. The soft color of the flower contrasts nicely with the various greens of the bkg foliage. Well done.

Allen Sparks
05-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi Jonathan, I like the placement of the flower in the frame and the stem leading up to it. Including some undergrowth also gives a sense of place. The brown blob to the left does not add much for me. Nice image.

Allen

Anita Bower
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
What a beautiful flower. Love that lavender color. There is a diagonal white line through the stem and a couple of lighter circles which I'd clone out. Very nice composition. It is challenging to photograph flowers in the wild, and you did a nice job.

Steve Maxson
05-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi Jon. Nice lighting, good sharpness on the flower, and I like the comp. The flower stands out nicely from the background. Allen and Anita have already mentioned the tweaks I would suggest. Well done!

Jonathan Ashton
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your kind comments and feedback, I am always most grateful.