PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Deer or Cheetal

Angad Achappa
05-09-2013, 06:37 AM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/8723212368_970e8ac9b8_b_d.jpg
This image of a Spotted Deer was made just a few minutes of them having seen a tiger crossing between two herds of deer.
Nikon D3S
Nikkor 600mm F4 VR
1/200sec, F4, ISO-3200 @ 600mm handheld

Steve Kaluski
05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Angad, a really sweet image and I like the way you positioned the subject off centre, works well IMHO. If you have it, then more space below for the 'virtual' legs, as presented it's too close to the trim at the foot. I would look to adding some mid tone overall, or try adjusting in Curves, then apply a 75% Luminosity adjustment layer. The whole image comes together very nicely then, with a nice richness and depth, especially to the deer. Clone out the bluish colour top LHC, gives the BKG a nice uniformity then of a 'sea of green'.Good detail and form in the subject, I particularly like the ears.

Good to crank up the ISO to get your SS. :cheers:

TFS
Steve

Nancy Bell
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
This is lovely. It is really nice with the clear foreground details of the alert deer and brush that gradually fade back into a wonderful blur of greens. I would consider cloning away that grayish corner in the upper left. The deer is very nicely framed. Steve has good advice about the virtual legs and the tone adjustments.

Rachel Hollander
05-09-2013, 05:36 PM
This is really nice with excellent detail and sharpness. As usual Steve's advice and suggestions are spot on.

TFS,
Rachel

Angad Achappa
05-10-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback.. :)

Steve you advice and suggestions are awesome and i really love reworking on the images based on the feedback... :)

Will clone out the whitish-blueish OOF tree in the TLH corner.

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2013, 04:11 AM
Look forward to seeing a RP Angad, glad it's helped as this is a really nice image. :cheers:

With images like this Angad you should consider becoming a member, then your images will qualify for consideration for Image of the Week too.

Angad Achappa
05-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Look forward to seeing a RP Angad, glad it's helped as this is a really nice image. :cheers:

With images like this Angad you should consider becoming a member, then your images will qualify for consideration for Image of the Week too.

There, ive gone ahead and become a member. Will repost the image after working on it once im back home. Just waiting to get a confirmation on the membership. :S3:

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Excellent news. :cheers:

Angad Achappa
05-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Here is the reworked image, I hope it is a little better. Have cloned out the patch at the top LHC and adjusted the midtones a bit. Did not have room below to recompose.

Steve Kaluski
05-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Hi Angad, that's much better, shame about the lack of space at the foot, but I am sure there will be a next time.

The green vegetation does still look a little vibrant, but then it could well be. In this instance you could also apply a little Content Aware scale at the foot, does make a huge difference, but does addd a tad more image area.

cheers
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
05-12-2013, 07:14 AM
So sweet! Lovely shot Angad, with good suggestions already. I too wish for more space below...next time :5
Your comments are also welcome on the photos of others, don't be shy :cheers: