PDA

View Full Version : Reddish Egret... runway model

rajojomanik
05-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I had hoped to find the resident 'Big Red' at Ft. DeSoto on the day I was there but it had other plans.

I did managed to see a few on Black Point Drive at Merritt Island, this one posing like a runway model.

It's subtantially cropped, losing some details but I like the pose. Let me know what you guys think.

Canon 7D
Canon 400mm L lens
f6.3
1/1250 sec
iso 800
Handheld

Thank you for looking and appreciate your comments.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-08-2013, 02:39 PM
I can't tell a loss of IQ due to crop, so all looks good there. The light on face is great, although I do wish for a slightly better head angle.

It looks like you were pretty low, but the bg blends in so nicely! Well done!

Miguel

gail bisson
05-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Ramon,
It was great seeing you (albeit briefly) at Fort Desoto. Looks like you made the most of your short time in Florida.
I too, like the pose and think you have chosen an appropriate title.
Love the smooth water and the great BG color. The water bubbles add to the shot and I like the comp. Was there another bird next to the egret creating the second circular wake?
There is a bit of lack of detail in the wing feathers but nothing really distressing. Love the light on the face,
gail

Robert Kimbrell
05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Ramon, , You got a really nice BG with this shot, good light on his face, I think the IQ is pretty good, but I do see a litle loss of detail o the wings.

Robert Holguin
05-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Very nice shot.
I really like the pose, very nice light, and great comp.
Well done.

Stu Bowie
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi Ramon, this species has such lovely colours, and I wish I could see one for myself. I do like the wing position and look back pose, and yes, the light is cast very well on the head. Love the smooth BG, and the bubbles do add.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
05-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi Ramon, I wouldn't change a thing. The light is fab and as you say, the pose is awesome - full of attitude as one would expect! :-)