PDA

View Full Version : Royal Tern

Richard Unsworth
05-08-2013, 01:22 PM
:S3:

Captured in Tortuguero, Carribean Costa Rica last year.

After a big downpour I managed to get a boAt out and came across this in the middle of the river
Has quite a dark mood to it. I was told they come to the river when the ocean storms are on.
Hope you like it

bRIGHTENED SOME, ADDED A LITTLE SAT, NR and cropped all round

eV +1 1/2000 F5.6 iso 400 7d 100-400@400 Av mode from moving boat HH<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Stu Bowie
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Richard, good angled pose, and well captured from a moving boat. The tern is nicely separated from the water BG.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Richard,

Nicely captured. I like the crop you chose for this shot - a great composition for the long but not tall pose.

I may look at enhancing the catchlight a bit. It's there, just not very prominent

Miguel

Richard Unsworth
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Stuart, thx, trust you are well!
Miguel - thumbs up on the catchlite will dodge a little, thanks

back to sunny Portugal next week....hopefully with equipment repaired.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Robert Holguin
05-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Terrific shot.
Exposed very well, excellent details, great comp, and I agree on working a tad on the eye.
Very well done.