PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Combat II

Lyle Gruby
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Took the suggestions and tried to apply them to a second frame of the combat. Thanks everyone. (I have about 19 of these shots, I promise I'll move on to something else after this one). All C&C appreciated.

Techs:
D3S
200-400 @ 400mm HH
ISO 500
f8
1/2000

vishaljadhav
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Nice one
both birds look to be in good focus, action always makes it special
Whites look nice, keeping the greens in the frames gives the frame a additional color which is a good choice

Stu Bowie
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi Lyle, great inflight action between the two, and both in focus as Vishal stated. As soon as I opened your image, I could detect a yellow cast to the egrets. Here is my version by desaturating the yellows. Im finding the comp a bit squarish too, but thats just a personal thing. You could have more space on either side, and come up from the bottom, and place them centrally in the frame.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Lyle,

Another great capture from the series! Nice exposure and timing. I didn't notice the yellow cast, but now it's apparent after Stuart's repost.

While I like the addition of the greenery, I'm not a huge fan of the square crop. Maybe a crop as Stuart suggested?

Miguel

Robert Holguin
05-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Another terrific shot.
Exposed very well with excellent IQ.
Well done.

gail bisson
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Nice poses and Stuarts repost brings it up a notch.
Very fine image. Good exposure and tack sharp.
Gail

Marina Scarr
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Love the action and behavior here, and the green lores. Positioning on both birds is super. The heads of the birds don't look sharp to me. I would sharpen them a tad more. Is this a big crop?

Lyle Gruby
05-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi Lyle, great inflight action between the two, and both in focus as Vishal stated. As soon as I opened your image, I could detect a yellow cast to the egrets. Here is my version by desaturating the yellows. Im finding the comp a bit squarish too, but thats just a personal thing. You could have more space on either side, and come up from the bottom, and place them centrally in the frame.

Your RP looks great Stuart--I've really got to get a calibration system. Thanks for taking the time. I like you crop better also.

Lyle Gruby
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Love the action and behavior here, and the green lores. Positioning on both birds is super. The heads of the birds don't look sharp to me. I would sharpen them a tad more. Is this a big crop?

Image is barely cropped at all. I could see where the heads could use a little more sharpening--thanks.