PDA

View Full Version : Peacockbutterfly

Jonathan Ashton
05-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Monopod, Canon 50D Canon 180mm macro ISO 400 1/200 sec f8

This was just about the tattiest butterfly I have seen, and it could still fly! I submitted it just for a bit of fun I appreciate that it is not of any great artistic value but it just looked irresistible to me. It is an adult that overwintered and has re-emerged from hibernation. They tend to land on the most un-photogenic background possible in order to absorb some heat.

vishaljadhav
05-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I am not sure but i came to see your image and not sure why you shared this, with a 180 mm you may have tried to make a macro of the right Purple spot on the wing would have made a impressive one.

Jonathan Ashton
05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I am not sure but i came to see your image and not sure why you shared this, with a 180 mm you may have tried to make a macro of the right Purple spot on the wing would have made a impressive one.
The reason I posted was that is was the most untidy butterfly I had ever seen that was still capable of sustained flight, we tend to look for pristine specimens all the time but this one was in total contrast.:S3:

Steve Maxson
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Hi Jon. This is one remarkably beat up butterfly! Nice focus, comp, and exposure. You could probably use this as an example of how not to make a beautiful butterfly portrait. :bg3::bg3:

Allen Sparks
05-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Wow - that is one tattered butterfly - amazing it could still fly...

Melvin Grey
05-12-2013, 11:02 AM
I know exactly why you took this image Jonathan. But then, being a fellow Brit., we obviously have a similar sense of humour. Even so, you went to great detail in your notes!!!