PDA

View Full Version : Lesser redpoll

Jonathan Ashton
05-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Tripod head ISO 250 -0.3, 1/1000 sec f7.1
The lesser redpolls gather in the pine trees locally, many migrate to Scotland or mainland Europe...... but this one stayed in the back garden:w3

Sunflower seeds used as bait.
All C&C welcome.

Miguel Palaviccini
05-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Jonathan,

There's never a better place than the back garden! Is the perch a set-up? Either way, it works wonderfully.

Nice clean background. Not sure I'd change a thing

Miguel

Robert Holguin
05-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Wonderful shot.
Excellent perch and pose.
Wonderful background and and nice light.
Well done.

Simon Wantling
05-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Great bird to see in the garden Richard and the image is great. As mentioned, the background is superb.

jack williamson
05-07-2013, 07:53 PM
The bird looks great with a lot of detail and as mentioned the BG is awesome. Because everything else is so sharp I would be tempted to remove the two OOF cones just to see how that looked.

gail bisson
05-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Sweet little thing.
Good IQ and exposure. Nice BG.
I agree with Jacks' idea of removing the OOF cones.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
05-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Looks great Jonathan. Appealing setup. I'm thinking some fill would have been good for the subject's belly, and also perhaps removing the greenish cast reflected under there. Perfect exposure, awesome details!

Richard Unsworth
05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Great bird to see in the garden Richard and the image is great. As mentioned, the background is superb.

Nicely done Jon, very creative and executed perfectly

Just as an amusing aside , any ideas why you are being called Richard and I am being called Jon???

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Jonathan Ashton
05-09-2013, 05:11 AM
Nicely done Jon, very creative and executed perfectly

Just as an amusing aside , any ideas why you are being called Richard and I am being called Jon???

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I'm not too sure Andy:bugeyed::w3

Jonathan Ashton
05-09-2013, 05:16 AM
Thanks very much everyone, glad you liked it, I had been on an unsuccessful photographic foray in the morning so I came back sulking, I decided to spend an hour or so in the garden hide and by this time the sun was a little high in the sky, I wish I had thought about fill in flash. I did make a mask of the area between the eye and the bill and I brightened that a little bit, perhaps I could have simultaneously done the belly area.

Richard Unsworth
05-09-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm not too sure Andy:bugeyed::w3

no prob Fred lol