PDA

View Full Version : Plover Version 2

Lyle Gruby
05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Shot this bird the same afternoon as my previous post. Brightened up the image some, full frame, added a little canvas to the bottom. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D7000
200-400 with 1.4 @ 560mm HH
f/5.6
ISO 800
1/800

Randy Stout
05-03-2013, 02:06 PM
LYLE:

I think the brightness is just right on this one. Excellent shooting angle, good catchlight, glad you added some canvas below.

The whites on the breast are lacking some detail. Were any of the channels over exposed there? I would guess the red channel.

Cheers

Randy

Lyle Gruby
05-04-2013, 01:17 PM
LYLE:

I think the brightness is just right on this one. Excellent shooting angle, good catchlight, glad you added some canvas below.

The whites on the breast are lacking some detail. Were any of the channels over exposed there? I would guess the red channel.

Cheers

Randy

Thanks for the feedback. Red channel is a little hot, had more detail before compressing. They were also a little more controlled before I upped the exposure some. Got to get a screen calibration tool.

Karl Egressy
05-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I really like the light on this image, Lyle.

Marina Scarr
05-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Head looks nice and sharp, and I like your low angle. Your horizon looks off to me and needs some CCW rotation. With the equipment combination you were using, you really needed a shallower aperture for a better DOF.