Nikon D700
Nikkor 600 mm f/4
ISO 320
EV - -.3
SS - 1/250

Norm Dulak
05-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi Vikram.

My overall impression is positive. I like the bird, pose, eye contact and perch. But there are a few problems you might be able to fix by going back to your original file. Some of the feather detail is lacking in the yellow and black regions. I would try to bring that out better. There is also a very bright area near the top of the perch that I would try to tone down, and other areas of the perch are too dark. I would also try to desaturate the very bright green background a little. Finally there is a distinct halo around the bird that may be due to over sharpening. I would try to eliminate that.

But I see that you have not posted often yet, and I look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks for sharing this image.

jack williamson
05-02-2013, 04:14 PM
This can be a stunner with some different processing as Norm has pointed out.

Melissa Groo
05-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Norm has got some good suggestions, and I think this image is worth working on with those taken into account. I like the handsome bird, and the pose, comp, and sharpness.

arash_hazeghi
05-03-2013, 01:22 AM
I like the pose, perch isn't bad either. yes there are technical issues that Norm pointed out.

Marina Scarr
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Lovely bird, pose, background and perch. Halo discussed above. I would like to see a slightly different crop here which I think would improve an already nice image. I would place the bird more to the left of the frame giving it more room on the right and take a little off of the top. There seems to be some dead space on top.

vikram potdar
05-06-2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the comments. Will re-process as per suggestions.