PDA

View Full Version : Black Skimmer

rajojomanik
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Here's a Skimmer from my recent visit to Ft. DeSoto. Last year I didn't even see one but this year it wasn't hard to find them. I met Gail and Nikki on the beach early one day and it was fun seeing them again.

Canon 7D
400mm L lens
f8
1/2500sec
iso 400
Handheld

Thank you for looking and appreciate your comments.

Jim Crosswell
05-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I like the banking pose, exposure, sharpness, fanned tail and details. I would take some off the right of the frame and add some in front of the bird. Is that a shadow of another bird in the sand? Well done Ramon.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
05-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Very good focusing, love the catch light it really bring out the eye very well, nice banking pose and very interesting low the ground position. Wish for more detail on the black tip of the upper wing.

Marina Scarr
05-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Lovely exposure and sharpness. I agree with Jim that if you have the space take some off of the right and add to the left. Glad you had a great trip to FD. Sorry we missed each other.

hirandesilva
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Hi Ramon, Nice image you've got the exposure and focus perfectly. If possible some space in front would make it even better.

Hiran

Satish Ranadive
05-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Absolutely superb flight pose you have captured.Great IQ,beautiful colors,nice details and lights.
Agree with all about some space infront of bird.

Regards,
Satish.

Don Nelson
05-02-2013, 01:04 AM
Excellent IQ on this flight image. I agree with comments about less frame in the rear and a little more in the front. That second shadow can be removed with a little content aware fill.
I am not wild about the water/sand dividing line cutting just under the chin of the bird, and there's a little dark spot there (might be natural, might be dust) that could be removed.
Something like this (and I am still not liking the dividing line of sand/water through the axis of the bird....that can be fixed with more PS work).
Here's a repost to show what it might look like (just a quick fix - you'll have to spend more time than I did - you can see some duplicate cloning small rocks which needs to be worked out of the image) and no effort to remove from rear and add to front...

Nicki Gwynn Jones
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Fun to see you too Ramon - delighted to see that you found your skimmers!! Here's to next year :-)