PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle - Cheyenne 2

John Harper
05-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi There

Portrait shot of "Cheyenne" one of a pair of American Bald Eagles at HCT.

Not sure on this shot, I didn't get all the head in.....but I don't know that that really matters....love the vivid yellow of the beak and the bit of translucence at the tip caused by the backlighting.

Dark Background also helps concentrate attention on the Bird.... I quite like it...perhaps you can let me know your thoughts.

John

EOS 1DMKIII
EF 500 F 4
ISO 200
1/250 @ F11

Bill Foxworthy
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Nail it John, and submit it to every site you know. Looks great to me and well done. I love these close ups especially if they are Eagles.

Lana Hays
05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
John
The black BG is my favorite on such birds. Wonderful sharpness on the beak.....and I love the slight smoothness on the feathers. Some might wish for more room but I like it just as is. Well done.

Gus Cobos
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
John, congrats on a great image love the details and sharpness on your eagle. Also like the dark background...for my taste, I would give Mr. Eagle just a wee bit more room to the left side of the frame...all in all, good show...:D

Dan O'Leary
05-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Holy smokes. That is a very powerful image. I quite enjoy your raptor posts but this one stands out.
What was the background?

John Harper
05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Holy smokes. That is a very powerful image. I quite enjoy your raptor posts but this one stands out.
What was the background?

Hi Dan

The background is their weathering mews, its a sheltered area that they can perch under if the weather tuns wet. it was in deep shadow so exposing not to blow the highlights its comes out as a nice black tone or very dark brown.

John