PDA

View Full Version : Canada Goose

Christopher Miller
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Finally taking the plunge and posting an image here in Avian. It's not often my bird images are good enough that I want to post them here. :S3:

This was one of a pair of Canada geese that came around for several days at the farm where I work, hanging out on our pond. One of those days, I was lucky enough to spend a very enjoyable half-hour photographing them.

Olympus SP-550 UZ
ISO 100 f5.0 @ 1/640
Processed with Vivesa, a little S/H, cloned out a few pieces of grass on its bill, sharpened the head a little, and blurred the top of the BG a little because the grasses there were distracting.

dankearl
04-28-2013, 10:25 PM
An attractive look at the goose.
Great color and sharp and well exposed.
I think more above and less below would look nice.
I would crop to right above the head reflection and add the same above.
Keep them coming, the more the merrier as they say!

Jim Thomas
04-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Beautiful colors and detail, i'd like more room right, left, and top...less on bottom. Nice work.

Jim

Daniel Cadieux
04-29-2013, 08:08 AM
It's looking very elegant on it's pond. Nice warm tones throughout. I agree with less below and more above...but I suspect the BG above was not super attractive though. Hope to see more avian stuff from you!

Marina Scarr
04-29-2013, 06:59 PM
So great to see you posting, Christopher!!! You have lovely light here and great pose and angle on the goose. I understand why you have more space on the bottom rather than top and would leave as is due to BG issues. I would sharpen the head just a tad more.

Looking forward to more images from you!!!

Christopher Miller
04-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks a lot, everyone. I see the point on having more room on top, but the BG up there wasn't the greatest and there isn't much more room on top in the original anyway. I will think of that next time though.