PDA

View Full Version : Mourning Dove

Jim Thomas
04-28-2013, 08:42 PM
500mm, f/10. 1/800. iso 400

Levels, usm, BG clean up. (Too clean?)127697

Daniel Cadieux
04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Love these doves, and I like the matching colours to the perch. Good head turn too. My first instinct was to prefer the subject lower in the frame, but I like it like this. I know what you mean about the "too clean" question, and I believe it is the small in the frame against a bare sky that gives you that look...had you had a better green or golden BG then it would have given us the illusion of having a fuller vegetation-filled BG. Is this a large crop? The IQ looks like a strongly sharpened large crop, but I could be mistaken...

Jim Thomas
04-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Love these doves, and I like the matching colours to the perch. Good head turn too. My first instinct was to prefer the subject lower in the frame, but I like it like this. I know what you mean about the "too clean" question, and I believe it is the small in the frame against a bare sky that gives you that look...had you had a better green or golden BG then it would have given us the illusion of having a fuller vegetation-filled BG. Is this a large crop? The IQ looks like a strongly sharpened large crop, but I could be mistaken...

You know, as soon as I saw my post I thought I'd oversharpened. This has hppened with a few of my images, they seem a bit different after I post them. I live in the woods so don't often get blue sky as a BG, but still no leaves . the original has lots of blurred twigs but they just ween't attractive blurred twigs.

Jim

Marina Scarr
04-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I like the comp you chose for this dove, and you were wise to use the rule of thirds. Love the look back pose of the dove. The IQ on the dove is not super.

Jim Thomas
04-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Better?

Marina Scarr
04-30-2013, 02:46 PM
The sky definitely looks better on your RP.