PDA

View Full Version : Doe

Troy Lim
04-28-2013, 03:57 PM
~shot taken this morning at Myakka River State Park. We followed this Doe, a young doe and a fawn for about 2 hours. We waited patiently until they came out in the open field to get the right angle. I like the environment that she was in, showing the beauty of the Myakka State Park.

5D Mark III, 1/800, f/8, ISO400, full frame, composed in the camera.

Rachel Hollander
04-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Troy - nice to see you posting in wildlife. The image is a pretty scene. Good choice on dof. I wish the head was just a tad higher to clear the one blade in front of the nose. Your image doesn't have an embedded color profile. I took it into PS and applied an sRGB profile, then I did a luminosity mask to tame the highlights at 50% opacity. I have a 5D3 and find that I often need to reduce the yellows and reds so I did so here as well (-20 and -10, respectively). Finally, I applied a linear contrast curves adjustment. Here's a repost with the changes. It may still be a bit bright.

TFS,
Rachel

Troy Lim
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Rachel, it looks good, thanks for the tips. I just don't have many wildlife images to share. :) I hope one day that will change.

Steve Canuel
04-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Nice looking coat on this doe and I like the little shiny bit on the shoulder. I also like the habitat, a nice showing of the meadow's edge.

Morkel Erasmus
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Good to see you posting here, Troy :cheers:
Nice light and low angle.
Rachel's made some good observations and changes in her repost. I find the BG a bit busy/cluttered both in terms of content and contrast but not much you could do about that except open up the aperture some more?

Cheryl Arena Molennor
05-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Can't wait to see more of these babies this year Troy. We really don't get much for wildlife here in Fl so we get what we can. Rachel did bump this up a bit with her pp work. Nice shooting angle and detail