PDA

View Full Version : Summer Snowflakes (Leucjum aestivum)

Norm Dulak
04-27-2013, 01:11 PM
D7000 w/Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 vr lens @ 190mm, hand held
ISO 400; f/5.6, 1/2500 sec
Standard PS CS6 adjustments plus SH

The Flower Garden Walk at Longwood Gardens was ablaze with color yesterday, as thousands of tulips, daffodils, columbines, Virginia bluebells and others were in full bloom. So naturally I became interested in the little white flowers shown here.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Norm

Jonathan Ashton
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Well focused and composed, I like the colours, this looks like what we call Lily of the Valley. Good choice of shutterspeed and aperture, the background is there yet nicely muted. You may wish to consider further toning down the OOF almost white blades of grass or leaves on the LHS but for what it's worth they do not bother me at all.

Steve Maxson
04-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Another nice one, Norm! Good job of getting all the blossoms within the plane of focus, retaining good detail in the whites, and having a shallow enough DOF to separate the subject from the background. Like Jon, I could see toning down the brighter areas of the background a little, but it's a minor point. Very well done!

Norm Dulak
04-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks Jon and Steve. I really appreciate your comments.

Allen Sparks
05-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Norm, you did a great job getting all the blooms in focus especially at that aperture. Well done. Agree with toning down LHS.