PDA

View Full Version : Territorial Agression - That has got to hurt

Randy Stout
04-26-2013, 08:34 PM
The trumpeter swans were quite cranky this AM, and the right hand bird here latched onto a beak full of feathers of the other bird and wouldn't let go. The splashed across the lake for at least 30 yards like this. OUCH!

D4 600 VR f/6.3 1/4000s ISO 800 hand held

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

James Shadle
04-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Randy,
Great subject, action, sharpness and exposure.
Love the complementary water colors.

I would prefer a little more room around the subject.

A swan goosing another swan - cool.

What is "white neutralizer"?

jack williamson
04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
That has gotta hurt! Love the water spray and splash, it really shows the energy in this image. The swans are plenty sharp for the action and I love the colors in the water.

Randy Stout
04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
James:

Sorry, White neutralizer is a filter from the Nik Color Efex Pro plug in.

I lost a fair amount of canvas from the rotation, I am afraid it is not easy to hold the 600 quite as level as the 500. I can easily add a bit of canvas to the left, the other sides not so easy.

Thanks for the comments both of you.

Cheers

Randy

Satish Ranadive
04-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Randy Sir:
Excellent image of swans with very nice interaction.
Love the pose with raised wings,colors,details,flash of water and panorama crop.

Regards,
Satish.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Great action here Randy and I love the spray of water too. Nice colors on the water. A litlle more room would be nice as well

Marina Scarr
04-27-2013, 09:41 AM
The goose of the swan! My favorite so far. Like James I am wishing for a little more room...left and top if you have the canvas.

Trey Barron
04-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Great action, splash and timing. I would go ahead and add that canvas to the left.

Randy Stout
04-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated.

I went back to the original, and I have a sliver more on the left available, and moderate amount below, nothing on top and right. If time allows, will do a little more massaging.

So fun to watch these guys! I took several frames in this series, and was fortunate to get one where the water didn't obscure the eyes too much.

Cheers

Randy

vishaljadhav
04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
I like the action captured in the image

Karl Egressy
04-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Excellent action shot, Randy. I like the action part, the fine water droplets in the air, having eje contact with both. sharpness and IQ. As mentioned before, maybe more rook on the left if possible.