PDA

View Full Version : To Build a Home... (Golden-browed Chlorophonia)

Glenn Bartley
04-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm just home this week after a month or so in Costa Rica. One of my all time favourites in Costa is the Golden-browed Chlorophonia. They are such stunning little birds of the highlands. I was very happy to spend some time observing these guys as they gathered nesting material.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/125 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: On at -2
ISO: 400
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

vishaljadhav
04-26-2013, 10:12 AM
i am just mesmerised by the color on this guy, wonderful colors
HA is nice and the activity adds a lot to the image, the shooting angle may be pointing up but beauty of the bird compensates all for me here

Michael Rominger Jr
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Mesmerised is the word Glenn as I am as well! Beautiful colors throughout and a great shot! Love the look back and the nest material. Also like the mossy perch. Soft light and you handled the flash exposure well. Wow, I love looking at this one!

Amy Marques
04-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Wow! I have never seen a chartreuse green bird before. Nice plus with the nesting material in the beak.

PhilCook
04-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Wow, impossible looking colors, stunning bird.....Costa Rica looks like it's a must see place.

Difficult forest conditions but well handled flash use, like the behavioral aspect with the nesting material, perhaps tone down the bright sections of the mossy branch a little particularly below his foot.

{ Also like the tiny little Bromeliad plant in the fork of the branches }

Nick Palmieri
04-26-2013, 06:31 PM
What a cool looking bird. I think I would tone down the bright areas on the porch. Nice job!

Satish Ranadive
04-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Fabulous image with wonderful colors.Love the pose with nesting material,beautiful colors,details and nice composition.
Agree about toning the bright areas on perch.

Regards,
Satish.

MohsenVahedipour
04-27-2013, 01:25 AM
Great colors, pose & flash work.

Arno Ellmer
04-27-2013, 07:43 AM
Absolutely stunning, Glenn !

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Beautiful image Glenn with a great environment and head angle the nesting material being a bonus. I think the slow shutter hurt you here just a little as I am seeing slight motion blur on the face.