PDA

View Full Version : springbok in the rain

peter delaney
05-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Another shot from a recent a trip to the Kalahari.

The rains have been late . This small herd of springbok face away from the rain as they wait for the storm to pass. These storms are often spectacular .With amazing Thunder and Lightening displays.

D3 200-400 VR lens.wimberely head.car bracket. iso 800 f4 @ 1/100 .matrix metering , +1/3 exp comp. cropped top and bottom as I thought pano format suited it better. your comments will be appreciated.

David Steele
05-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Oh, to be in the Kalahari in the rain . . . especially with a a good camera and lens. A lovely image and a good exposure, Peter, but I'm not sure about the two cropped trees (camelthorns?) in the two top corners. I've tried cropping off the left-hand side of the photo, where the herd breaks into a second, smaller group but that didn't really help. I wonder if you had the best angle or whether another angle wasn't possible?

Alan Melle
05-02-2008, 08:22 AM
A terrific image! I don't mind the trees at all. As darker elements they push your eye right back to the animals as well as showing the rain nicely.

Steve Maxson
05-02-2008, 09:22 AM
I really like the look and mood of this image, Peter. The heavy rain puts this one over the top for me. The pano crop works well here and I would agree with Alan about the trees.

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi Peter,
Another of your outstanding environmental images. This is only a suggestion to try for yourself........as I really like the image..........did you try removing the 2 sprinbok in the lower right......If I remember correctly you are OK with this, but definitely not with crop......
Stunning as is,
Roman

Van Hilliard
05-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Beautiful. Great scope. A painterly quality.