PDA

View Full Version : THE FLYING BEAST..............

Ritesh Nangare
04-25-2013, 08:28 AM
This is the image of BIGGEST wild tiger of TADOBA or TATR ( Tadoba andari tiger reserve )
one of the most happening places for tigers and other wildlife.
This is the most dominating male in the park around 250 KG Of Raw mussel Power he is the beast and his name is Whagdove male as per the park, he is suppose to be the biggest tiger male in India who sighted regularly.

HERE ARE THE EXIF OF THE IMAGE

Camera Model Canon EOS-1D X
Shooting Date/Time 04/19/13 6:20:09 PM
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/500
Av(Aperture Value) 6.3
ISO Speed 1000
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
Focal Length 700.0mm

Nancy Bell
04-25-2013, 10:50 AM
I love that you captured him balancing on just that one leg and the water spray clearly shows that he is just coming out of the water! More light on his face would have been nice. I like the feeling that the blurred foreground grasses add, but would prefer not to have the ones that intersect with his body and face. Sounds like you had an exceptionally good experience at TATR.

Anette Mossbacher
04-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi Ritesh,

what a big Tiger. Love as well that he is just on one foot and spraying water. The grass on his face I would try to do gardening with content aware or clone or heal. Should work with one of them. Those are for me a bit distracting.
I agree with Nancy with the light in the face.
Now I see the tail sharper than the face, this is just me. It also could come from being a wet tail. Not sure about this!
I also see a bit blue-ish in the white fur on the face and ears.
A great image of this massive Tiger :w3

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Dr Eash Hoskote
04-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Hi Ritesh,
i love this beast but could not sight him when we were there......I love his expression, spraying of water and the momentum in the frame...Cheers!!!!!

Morkel Erasmus
04-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Nice timing to get this moment, Ritesh. How I would love to see this with my own eyes...
I agree that the hindquarters looks sharper than the forequarters - could you have a look in Canon DPP and tell us where the AF point was placed?
I too wish that there were less OOF grasses in front but that is often the only place we can get the shot, at least visibility on the cat is good.

Ritesh Nangare
04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Nice timing to get this moment, Ritesh. How I would love to see this with my own eyes...
I agree that the hindquarters looks sharper than the forequarters - could you have a look in Canon DPP and tell us where the AF point was placed?
I too wish that there were less OOF grasses in front but that is often the only place we can get the shot, at least visibility on the cat is good.

Thanks Morkel for your comment and appreciation ...
as you requested the here is a AF Point image ...

The Af point is on the chest of the tiger and IMO because of the sudden movement of tiger is looks like the tail is sharper then the body.

Anette Mossbacher
04-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Hi Ritesh,

the hindquarters also could appear sharper because the tail is "more" wet! You might can balance this out with selective sharpening a bit more! I would try. It is a great image.
There are also blue cast in the face/ear in the white hair! Easy to reduce with a saturation layer.

Have great eve

Ciao
Anette