PDA

View Full Version : Moose #2 - Mom & Junior Crossing the River

Marina Scarr
04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Here's another image from my time last December in Grand Teton National Park. I think I did a better job processing this image after the great advice I received from my most recent moose thread. This is almost full frame.

Canon 1D4, Canon 500L F4
F4, 1/200sec, ISO 2500, manual mode
Sitting in the snow, beanbag on my knees and lens on beanbag

C & C most welcomed and much appreciated.

Steve Canuel
04-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Looks good Marina. Moose look a touch warmer than last OP but still has the cold feel of December. I like the similarity of pose between the two and that you can see all four legs on both. I suppose in a perfect world one could wish that the shoreline didn't intersect the nose but it doesn't really bother me as the two subjects stand out nicely from the BG. And it doesn't sound as if you were really in a good position for mobility :S3:.

Steve Kaluski
04-23-2013, 03:39 AM
Hi Marina, a different perspective on this one and nice to have the change of options for the setting. A lot of good stuff Steve C has covered and I think the OP has help develop this last image too.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
04-23-2013, 06:21 AM
Hi Marina - the tone and color do look good. Nice to have the heads turned slightly toward you. Sounds like tough shooting conditions that you handled well.

TFS,
Rachel

Russell Johnson
04-23-2013, 06:31 AM
A lot of the in field techs have been covered, though I do think the PP is done well.

Satish Ranadive
04-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Beautiful image.I like the environment and nice 3D effect in the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

Anette Mossbacher
04-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Marina,

love the image. The details are great. Did not know that Moose legs are on the lower part silver/white :bg3:
Everyday I learn a bit more.

have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Marina, I really really like this one. It tells a great story with the environment. I think you got great ha's and positioning with both moose. Always nice to see young in an image for me.

Lyle Gruby
04-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Really like it. Definitely tells a story.