PDA

View Full Version : Shinny Creek

Dennis Bishop
04-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Meytre's grist mill was in the morning; the falls at South Mountains State Park was the goal for the afternoon. That was ambitious, anyway, and it didn't quite work out as intended. A detour near the closest park entrance delayed the start of the hike. It was another beautiful, well-maintained North Carolina park. We followed Shinny Creek until it flowed under the trail. The shots for this image were taken from a low bridge at that point.

Nikon D3S, ISO 200, f/22, nine-exposure HDR at 1 EV increments, zoom at 17 mm

processing highlights

Topaz Simplify -- Watercolor II preset
Nik Color Efex -- certainly more than one preset, but I neglected to record them (probably Contrast Color Range and Glamour Glow)
Flypaper Textures -- five textures in six masked layers; Linear Light (twice), Multiply, Darker Color, Linear Dodge, and Normal blend modes
Photo Filter Adjustment Layers -- Underwater masked, and Warming 85
Fractalius -- three B&W presets at Multiply blend mode in four layers (one preset also used as a uniform gradient vignette)
Alien Skin Snap Art -- two masked Stylize Line Art B&W layers, Multiply and Divide blend modes

Cheryl Slechta
04-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi, Dennis, I'll be in the mountains next week and this makes me want to be there now. I love the rhododendron overhanging the creek and the lovely flow of the creek.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Dennis, love the filtering and the river scene is lovely too!

Kerry Perkins
04-25-2013, 02:29 PM
Very lovely and relaxing scene, with your signature amazing treatment. Very nice Dennis. The flow of the water contrasts nicely with the stationary elements and gives a sense of timelessness to the viewer.

Nancy Bell
04-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Lovely, as usual! Beautiful soft colors, and delicate lines compliment the flow of the water. You have a great eye and wonderful creative touch with your special post-processing.