PDA

View Full Version : Incredible India

Anette Mossbacher
04-22-2013, 04:45 AM
The famous Taj Mahal... built from 1632 - 1653, if anyone is interested :S3:

What I did. Levels, Curves, Luminosity masks for several things. Gradient 2x, for sky & FG. At the end again Level and Mid-tone contrast. Got rid of about a handful tourists, one I have left in the image. He deserved it. He was running like crazy to the spot where I left him in. :w3
Cleaned the garbage cans, they looked awful in the image!

Tripod
MKIII
ISO 200
f/7.1 1/125
lens 17-40mm ( set to 17mm )

All comments are welcome :bg3:

James Fuller
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Nice composition and light. I like how the trees and shrubs encircle the palace!

Jerry van Dijk
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Lovely light and a whole different take on a well known subject. I like how you framed the building with the FG plants. The FG leaves look a little oversharpened. Some of them have slight halos around them.

Morkel Erasmus
04-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Love the framing by the bushes, the light and the colours here Anette.
It felt a bit lacking in midtone punch for me. Here's a repost to give you options - I think I pushed it a bit too far here but you'll get the idea, perhaps somewhere between them...

:e3

Anette Mossbacher
04-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi James and Jerry, thank you very much for your nice comments.
Jerry I will look for the halos, did not recognize any, but I wear glasses, so never know :w3 Thanks

Morkel, thanks a lot for your RP. I will see what I can do tomorrow with the color and Mid-tone contrast. The marble is actually more on the white site color wise. I tried to leave the marble in the shade the color it actually is, white/cream color.
With the branches above the Taj. I had a gardener coming along to prune one branch :w3

Thanks so much for all your comments. I highly appreciate them.

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Anette, remember I have not been there, so I may have been way off to begin with :e3

Don Railton
04-22-2013, 11:20 PM
Hello Anette

Love the colours and framing here, especially the sky. Well done.. I also like Morkels RP but agree he has gone too far..! I also thought I was seeing some sort of slight fisheye distortion but not so sure now. I thought some of the towers maybe not vertical but its difficult to tell on the viewer.. Well done on getting an image that cleaned up easily.. I believe 'only a handful of tourists' is very rare, I understand its typically more like 20 bus loads...

DON

Anette Mossbacher
04-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Good morning Morkel,

I was assuming that you have been not there yet, otherwise we would see Tiger images :w3 No worries.
I will give it a try for sure with your suggestions, it is also always better to see it on a big file than on a small file how the outcome is. Thank you very much for your suggestions, I really do highly appreciate them :bg3:

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Anette Mossbacher
04-23-2013, 02:36 AM
Hi Don,

thank you very much. For the distortion, I used the new beta LR5 automatic button. That did the job.
For the handful people, that is one reason why I called that image Incredible India. When living 12 years in Asia you learn many how to's. :w3
I had only 10min time before the big crowed came in. But that was enough for that image and a few more from that spot and another one.
It helps a lot to check out places on Google maps.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
04-23-2013, 05:09 AM
I was assuming that you have been not there yet, otherwise we would see Tiger images :w3

NOW you're talking!!! :5

Anette Mossbacher
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi Morkel,

did the Mid-tone contrast and turned down a bit the highlights in the warmth on the building.
WDYT?

Ciao
Anette

Jerry van Dijk
04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Anette, RP looks great! It also solved my issue with the branches (not sure if you specifically addressed those, but I think the color adjustments were enough). In the OP the leaves right above the central building and the one directly to the left of that have a very small whitish line around them (maybe it goes a bit far to call them halos), but they're gone or less conspicuous in the RP. I might up the contrast on the left building a bit to get it in balance with the central building, but it already looks great as it is.

Anette Mossbacher
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks so much Jerry for your comment. The only thing I did with the branches/leaves. I left them alone, did not sharpen them in the RP. :bg3:
I checked the layers in PS and found no halos. They have come from sharpening in the OP.
In the OP I sharpened them about 30-40% as I remember.
Will boost a little contrast in the left building. :w3
Thanks so much Jerry :bg3:

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

Morkel Erasmus
04-25-2013, 04:33 PM
RP rocks! :cheers:

Anette Mossbacher
04-25-2013, 04:40 PM
:bg3: thaaaaanks Morkel :wave:

Rachel Hollander
04-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Hi Anette - I'm late to this one but the rp is fantastic. Well done on all counts.

TFS,
Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
04-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Thaaaank you so much Rachel

Have a fantastic weekend :wave:

Nancy Bell
05-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Anette, I was lurking in the Landscapes forum and saw this. How did you get an image without TONS of people EVERYWHERE?? BTW, great image!

Anette Mossbacher
05-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Hi Nancy,

lolol, it is possible as you can see :))
How to get rid of people in places. You can use the Big Stopper from Lee and set your time about 2-3min! Works :)) Standing people will be still in the image!!
This image, we have been the very first ones at the gate in the morning. About 45min early before opening. But that does not help either. We have lived 12 years in Asia and you learn many things, which can bring you a bit further or in front of a crowd :))
I had about 10min time before the crowd came in. There have been about 1-2 handful people in there with me. Content aware, heal and clone tools help a lot to get rid of them. There is still one person in the image and 2 more behind a tree :))
Hope that helps :))

Ciao
Anette

Nancy Bell
05-05-2013, 04:32 PM
So...that's it. You wrangled your way in before the crowds. Good job. I was there at late afternoon, along with a gazillion others!