PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret

Diane Miller
04-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Shot this today at our local rookery. Right out of Lightroom, basic tonal adjustments only. Slight crop from the left.

Canon 5D3, 300mm IS (not the II), handheld, M exposure, ISO 800, F/11, 1/1000 sec. Luck.

Colin Driscoll
04-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Good shot. I like that both eyes are shown. Lovely wigspread.

PhilCook
04-22-2013, 04:34 AM
Beautiful light through the wings Dianne..." on the wings of an angel " Wonderful wing spread and i rather like the dainty way it's holding it's stick. Sits in the fame well, and I see nothing that could be improved upon....top shelf image

Karl Egressy
04-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Nice overheds shot, Diane. The nesting material carried is a bonus.

Daniel Cadieux
04-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh wow, I'm not usually a fan of looking straight up like this but here it works extremely well!! Love the translucence in the feathers, and the nest material is a nice bonus.

Marina Scarr
04-22-2013, 10:45 AM
This is quite a unique image, Diane, and I had to look at it several times before commenting. Love the translucence of the feathers, the upturned wing tips, the tail feathers neatly tucked by the feet. While I think the stick adds interest, I wish it were a less "in your face" stick b/c I feel its size distracts someone from the beauty of the bird. I also like the fact that the bird is flying away from you...which is a different perspective.

Stu Bowie
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi Diane, great show of the wingspread, and love the backlighting effect through the wings. Everything is so symmetrical, great timing to achieve that, and I feel although the nesting material adds, the image would work just fine without it.