PDA

View Full Version : Strings of Pearls

Norm Dulak
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Nikon D300 w/105mm f/2.8 vr Micro Nikkor lens, tripod mounted
ISO 640; f/22, 1/60 sec
PP: Topaz DeNoise; PS CS6 levels, curves, crop, sharpen

This image is the result of an artistic collaboration between a meadowland spider and early morning dewdrops. I was intrigued by the dewdrop patterns, and by their markedly different sizes on the various web strands. But all of the dewdrops also told the story of where they were.

Their story is perhaps best read in the largest dewdrop, at the lower left part of the image. But it is important to remember that images reflected in dewdrops are inverted. With that in mind, the dewdrops reveal a large brown area in their upper parts. That is a reflection of the meadow in which I found them. And extending down below the meadow mass are tiny projections that are actually the reflections of very large pin oaks that line the road by my home.

Isn't it fascinating what can be seen in a dewdrop?

Norm

Diane Miller
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Wow -- love this! It's so hard to get everything in the plane of focus and no breeze movement -- kudos!

Jerry van Dijk
04-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Very pleasing composition, Norm. You handled the exposure well. BG is great and I like the little empty area in the LLC.

Jonathan Ashton
04-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Norm, I am pleased you provided the informative narrative, I was fascinated to realise I was looking at oak trees in that droplet. I must admit I have taken images in a similar manner to this and been disappointed but I think yours is excellent - well done - to you .....and the spider!

Norm Dulak
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Norm, I am pleased you provided the informative narrative, I was fascinated to realise I was looking at oak trees in that droplet. I must admit I have taken images in a similar manner to this and been disappointed but I think yours is excellent - well done - to you .....and the spider!

Thanks, Jonathan. It does seem that that spider was quite the abstract artist!

Steve Maxson
04-23-2013, 04:12 PM
This is outstanding Norm! It isn't often one can get this many dew drops within the plane of focus - in nice light - and against a pleasing background! Very well done! :cheers:

Norm Dulak
04-23-2013, 05:04 PM
This is outstanding Norm! It isn't often one can get this many dew drops within the plane of focus - in nice light - and against a pleasing background! Very well done! :cheers:

Wow, Steve. I don't know that I deserve such praise. But I'll take it. :S3:

Norm Dulak
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments!

vishaljadhav
05-01-2013, 12:51 AM
wonderful image, i like the fact that all seem to be in focus which is the key to this image .
I love the BG and that makes it all very soothing to the eye.
Wonderful image