PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's Snipe

Amy Kay
04-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone! This is my first post, I look forward to participating here!

D800, 300 w/1.4, f/8, 1/1600, ISO 800

Stu Bowie
04-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi Amy, a huge welcome to BPN, and to the avian forum - have fun. I like your choice of crop, and the inquisitive head turn of the Snipe. Placement works well, and I do like the weathered perch. In a perfect world the BG on the left would be clean, and not sure if you had positioned yourself, you would have had a clear BG. Looking forward to more.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Welcome to BPN Amy, lovely first post, nice composition, nice environment though the perch is a bit 'heavy'. Nice look back pose!
Cheers
Sanjeev

Janet Heintz
04-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Amy,
beautiful job for your first post. I have been wanting an image of one of these little snipes for a long time.
I really like the color of the background and the birds pose on the stump. This would make a nice note card.
Congrats!
Janet

vishaljadhav
04-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Welcome to BPN, the first image is nice one, i like the long beak so nicely seen here
the placement and composition is nice to my eye.
Looks forward to more images from you, this is a lovely image to start of with.

Marina Scarr
04-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome to BPN and what a way to start off! Absolutely love the composition you chose here. It showcases your snipe so beautifully esp with that look back pose.

Karl Egressy
04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi Amy,
I'm glad to see your posting here.
I like this image, composition looks good.
The perch is nice for this bird and the background colour can't be better.

Satish Ranadive
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Welcome to BPN, Amy.Magnificent image of snip to start with.Beautiful composition,nice pose,lights and perch looks good too.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

PhilCook
04-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Must say I would not expect to see one of these perching atop a post/stump like this, all works together very nicely and i do like your choice of composition with the wide aspect framing

David Salem
04-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome and nice job on this one. Very unusual to get a snipe sitting on a perch like this. I too like the comp and the techs look good too. Well done

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Big time welcome! lovely snipe! look-back pose and light. The habitat adds a lot to the image. Thanks for sharing!

Ian Cassell
04-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Amy, let me add my welcome to BPN. I have many images of these little guys, but I always need to try to separate them from the weeds and I have never seen one up on a perch like this - what a wonderful catch! I think the perch looks fine. Your techs look great. I really like your choice of crop and my only thought would be to take a little bit off the viewer's left.

Amy Kay
04-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the comments!