PDA

View Full Version : A different Angle

PhilCook
04-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Always looking for something from the standard " bird on a stick "...this Eastern Spinebill adopted a posture I liked. Taken at a nearby water hole which in our ongoing drought weather is often a magnet for local birds.

Canon 7D + 500 f4....f5, 1/500, ISO400, no flash, tripod mounted, not set up...........slight crop for composition, selective sharpen and noise reduction

Lorant Voros
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
I like the pose here very much. Nice little head turn towards you as well. Did you have to clone out something from the BG, or what I see in the left side is just the jpeg compression? Well done, Phil.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Love the funky pose and great eye contact. Nice bg too

PhilCook
04-19-2013, 09:42 PM
I like the pose here very much. Nice little head turn towards you as well. Did you have to clone out something from the BG, or what I see in the left side is just the jpeg compression? Well done, Phil.

Thanks Lorant, looking back at the original RAW file there is nothing I cloned out or smoothed over, a clean clutter free shot, so maybe jpeg compression although I cant see anything ?

MohsenVahedipour
04-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Excellent pose, BG & perch. Great IQ.

vishaljadhav
04-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Wonderful image Phil
i like the pose and the bird looks back to you making it special, the eye is fantastic and the colors are good

I guess what loarant saw in the left appears to have 2 tones in the BG , however they are not parallel which is normal, however the 2 tones may create a impression , we always get such type of tones in BG with plants and other things there,
i still like the way the bird is holding a impressive pose ( very much like the sunbirds we get in here pose)

arash_hazeghi
04-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Now this is a good HA ;) BG looks fine to me. good exposure, good details and good colors. TFS

Juan Carlos Vindas
04-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Very nice pose, bird and BG. Stick is a bit large in my opinion but not so prominent.

Stu Bowie
04-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi Phil, I like this lots. The spinebill is tack sharp, and you have brought out the finer plumage detail very well. Great eye, and the curved perch and leaning downward pose really work well together. Killer BG too.

One of your best IMHO.

mohammad reza shahab
04-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Wonderful shot,Very nice pose and BG.