PDA

View Full Version : Broken Hardware

Steve Canuel
04-19-2013, 02:48 PM
From a late afternoon, end of November day. I didn't get any pics of fights, but this guy appears to have gotten his money's worth out of his antlers this past rut, losing 7 of 9 points. Pretty healthy other than that. Just liked the pose and surroundings as he watched a few does and bucks wandering around. 5DMKII, 400DO, f5, 1/100s, ISO 2500, +1 EC, HH, cropped.

John Ippolito
04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Excellent image, Steve. Pose, layers of dry grasses giving a nice depth, details, soft light, color pallette, and of course the broken antlers that give us a hint about his adventures. Very nice work, indeed.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-19-2013, 03:53 PM
wow, those antlers ARE a mess, he must have been causing trouble LOL. I like this image because of the nice soft tones of the bg and how they go nicely with the buck. I do wish for a lower shooting angle and more room on the bottom for the virtual legs as they seem to have just made the frame.

Rachel Hollander
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi Steve - he gave you a nice pose. He seems almost oblivious to the fact that he's broken his antlers. Very nice tones and details. I also like the layered effect of the bg but do wish for a tiny bit more room below. Overall, well done.

TFS,
Rachel

Marina Scarr
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Lovely BG and light here. Love the pose and the vertical presentation. He sure does have a mangled wrack. Wonder what he's been up to.

Steve Kaluski
04-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Hi Steve, the soft, muted tones work well to separate the subject. Nice pose & HA, good detail & processing based on the techs.

TFS
Steve

Steve Canuel
04-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks to all for the look and comments.

Morkel Erasmus
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Good to see you posting, Steve.
Great soft light, regal stance and nice colours.
Nothing to improve on here for me.
:cheers:

Michael Rominger Jr
04-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Lovely light and exposure Steve. Like the catchlight in his eye. I like the gradient of colors mixing softly in the BG and FG. Sharpness and noise look to be controlled well with the ISO level. This guy has definitly been working at it during the rut that's for sure! Looks like some of the Whitetails I have encountered in the past. The really do wear themselves out during that time of year and can really be run down by the end of the season. This scene tells that story well for me as it shows he's battle scarred but still on the prowl as they are relentless when it comes to the rut!

Steve Canuel
04-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Morkel,
Thanks for the look and comments.

Michael,
Thanks to you as well. Your description of what the scene tells you made me quite pleased as that is exactly what I was thinking while I watched them and took this picture. Got one pic of this guy staring down another buck in the background who was missing one of his antlers entirely.

Diane Miller
04-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Wonderful combination of soft light and amazing detail!

Steve Canuel
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the look and comment Diane.