PDA

View Full Version : Barn Owl Jumping

Loi Nguyen
04-17-2013, 11:20 PM
This is my first attempt to selective sharpen the subject using Quick Seletion Tool and apply NR to the BG (twice) and the subject (once). Cloned out the perch from which te owl jumped off and 2 barbed wires and a couple of distracting sticks. Added canvas to the top and cropped similar size of canvas from the bottom. This is essentilly a full frame image.

1DX
500f4 II + 1.4X III
1/8000
f5.6
ISO-1000
Tripod
AV Mode, 0 Bias
Image taken in January

The BG still seems noisy. Appreciate your comments and feedback.

Thank you

Loi

arash_hazeghi
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
I like the pose and dangling feet. good details. the BG is still grainy, it seems like you are sharpening the BG too...

Loi Nguyen
04-18-2013, 12:12 AM
I like the pose and dangling feet. good details. the BG is still grainy, it seems like you are sharpening the BG too...

Arash, I suspected so myself. My lap top crashed and when I went back to look for the saved image, everything had been flattened without any layers. So, I have no idea what had been done to it. Will have to start from scratch again to be sure I sharpen only the bird. Thank you for your comment.

loi

Joe Senzatimore
04-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Good timing and fine capture. Love the wing position and facial expresion.

Loi Nguyen
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Arash, I think you are right that I accidentally sharpened the BG. I started from scratch and this is a better result. Thanks again for your helpsul comments. Loi

vishaljadhav
04-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Loi,
I like the Repost, even i loved the original however feel the repost is a degree of improvement over the original
The dangling feet and a hunter pose in the air makes itspecial
i like the blades of grass coming into the frame and i would have loved more grass at the base of it making it very interesting giving the viewer the height at which the bird is flying.
the repost gets the face of the bird brighter making it more nice to the eye to watch. Lovely image of this bird