PDA

View Full Version : Lilium

John Ippolito
04-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Lily cluster in the garden from last summer. Thinking of spring. Experimenting with composition.
D800, Lens Baby soft focus optic, selective Nik tonal contrast, texture layer

Dennis Bishop
04-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Wow, John, that is beautiful. Great color, photographic technique, processing, and composition. The curves and diagonals are wonderful.

Cheryl Slechta
04-18-2013, 05:58 AM
John, this is lovely. The curves really let your eye wander through the image and I like the fact that you left the imperfection on the petal on the lower left. Texture gives it another soft dimension as I'm sure Lens Baby did also. I also love the inclusion of the second lillium stem and partial flower in the background on the left. The only thing I'd change is the dark spot in the upper left on the outside of the petal - it may be an artifact of the texture but I think it's a little distracting.:S3:

Anita Bower
04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
What a wonderful image. I love the curves and curls, the close in view, the angle of the flower. The Lens Baby was a great choice (wish I could use it, but am terrible with it). Your texture layer is so perfect it does not stand out. I wouldn't change a thing. (Oops. I just read Cheryl's comment and i agree about removing that one dark spot.)

Kerry Perkins
04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Very nice artistic rendering John, the combination of Lens Baby and filters turned the image into a lovely painting. Nice strong colors and the texture works well. Love it!

John Ippolito
04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback and observations, everyone! Here is a touch up, Cheryl, and Anita.

Anita, re the Lens Baby - the Muse is the only one I use. it is always hand held, and pretty organic in that you will never get it to look exactly the same for another image.

Paul Lagasi
04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
I can't add much that hasn't already been said. Lovely work, very artistic.

Anita Bower
04-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Re. Lens Baby--when I tried it I could not see the sweet spot, plus, it made me feel dizzy.

Nancy Bell
04-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Love, love the softness, swirls, variations of color & interesting composition. However, for me, the large green leaf on the right is just a bit overpowering. This is the first time I have seen the Lens Baby in action. Always wondered how images would look using it.

Hazel Grant
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
ditto much of above. I can see this as an artpiece in a room

Indranil Sircar
04-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Can't add much to what has already been said... absolutely beautiful art work! TFS.

Cheryl Slechta
04-24-2013, 05:08 PM
John, the repost looks great:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
04-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Lovely work John...I too am waiting for spring flowers to emerge... having a mini-blizzard at this moment though.