PDA

View Full Version : Flare out on the mangrove flat - Tampa Bay Spoonie

Randy Stout
04-17-2013, 05:38 PM
This most excellent spoonie popped over the tree line and flared out on the mud flat on Tampa Bay while shooting two weeks ago with Capt. James on the Hooptie Deux. A most excellent time was had by all. Thanks again, James.

D4 600VR TC14 f/6.3 1/3200s ISO 640 tripod mounted, standing in Tampa Bay

Post: Selective sharpening, cleaned up a the BG and the mud a bit.

The tiny spikes on the head are out of place feathers.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

Miguel Palaviccini
04-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Randy,

Another great shot. Not my favorite compared to your spoonie in flight, but not far behind.

Was this shot standing in the boat or wading in the water?

You're making me want to get out on a boat with Capt James before I leave the state for good... I just need to convince a couple of people to join me!

Miguel

Randy Stout
04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Miguel:

I was standing waist deep in the bay for this one. You have to do the Hooptie Deux at least once before you leave Florida. It would be like never going to Disney World if you missed it!

If you have some flexibility, James might be able to squeeze you in on an outing with some other folks, if you can't organize your own group.

Cheers

Randy

Tom Rambaut
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Love the slight jump pose with wings out and the eye contact. Amazing pink colours these birds are!

Marina Scarr
04-18-2013, 06:26 AM
This is a super image, Randy. It so sharp and light against that dark BG that it almost looks flashed. Love the pose, the sharpness, the colors and the hint of green on the ground.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Awesome image Randy, The colors and sharpness are terrific. I like the HA and the shooting angle too.