PDA

View Full Version : The Desert Wheater

supreet.sahoo
04-17-2013, 02:04 AM
They call it a desert wheater. A truly pretty sight in the deserts of India. This shot was particularly difficult as the ground below me was scorching hot and I had to wait for the bird to come on the mound to get a good blurred bg.

7D, 420mm
200, F8, +.3, 1/800

Faraaz Abdool
04-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Interesting composition, Supreet. I think the grasses in front the bird distract mildly from its presence. And you just may have a tad too much space on top. But the BG is really blurred nicely, though. Nice sharpness and exposure on the bird, I may have preferred a slight head turn toward you.

Daniel Cadieux
04-17-2013, 08:36 AM
I like the concept of the image with it's very nice BG and vertical comp, but I think you could crop tighter and I wish the OOF FG dirt was not there. I also see a halo around the head and throat that may stem from lighting some areas of the bird and going past the outline and onto the BG.

Michael Rominger Jr
04-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Supreet, I like this image a lot! With the gradient of colors in the background,the pose and mound all work well for me. Good exposure throughout and the bird is nice and sharp. The only thing that takes away from it for me is the off fishook shaped piece of grass in front of the bird. Overall I enjoy it.

Marina Scarr
04-19-2013, 11:10 AM
Lovely bird against a terrific BG. I understand why you went small bird in the frame b/c you didn't want to remove that lovely blue in the sky. I would leave the image as is as far as comp but agree with Daniel on the halo. Maybe try reprocessing the bird .