PDA

View Full Version : Peregrine Falcon on Beach - Reprocessed in CS6

Loi Nguyen
04-16-2013, 10:54 PM
I first posted image in the Eagle t Learn Forum and got good suggestions how to improve the image. I used this as a practice on PS CS6 here, so appreciate you comments.

1DX
500f4 II + 1.4X III
1/2500
f5.6
ISO-400
+1/3 EV Compensation
AV Mode
Tripod (with me flat on the beach)
Removed a few distracting branches on the perch and cleaned up a little bit on the beach

Thank you

Loi

arash_hazeghi
04-16-2013, 11:59 PM
it's a handsome raptor . I like the pose and eye contact. good details. It's a tad dark on my screen and sharpening him a bit more will improve it. The left side of the perch is a bit busy.

TFS

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-17-2013, 01:22 AM
Lovely pose, I agree it seems a bit dark. Otherwise Arash has nailed the points. Great looking bird.

PhilCook
04-17-2013, 02:12 AM
I do wish we had some of these around here, such marvelous looking raptors....I think it could do with a little more brightness and more sharpening and some clever clone work to unclutter the branch material on the left

vishaljadhav
04-17-2013, 06:30 AM
i think you have some good comments above, i love the bird
in terms of composition i may be tempted to crop a bit of the bottom to get the bird to feel more at eye level, just a view to try

Lyle Gruby
04-17-2013, 07:24 AM
Good looking bird. Agree with Arash's points.

Loi Nguyen
04-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi Everyone, thank you for your feedback. Agreed that the image was a bit dark, so I used the Levels to adjust the mid tone. Also cloned out the perch on the left a bit more. As for crop, I prefer to keep the beach to give the image a perspective of the place, so I cropped less on top and bottom so that the bird's eye is more at a viewer eye level. Also shapened using Smart Sharpen at 100 and radius at 0.5. The image file looks clean, so I didn't run any NR. Hope you like it better.

Loi

David Salem
04-18-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi Loi, This is the shot that I liked best. I would go a bit less on the lightening as it looking a little washed out. Also I like the tighter crop but would remove the branches on the left.
Otherwise you know I love this shot.

Satish Ranadive
04-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Re post looks absolutely superb.

Regards,
Satish.