PDA

View Full Version : UP,UP and Away - Reddish on Tampa Bay

Randy Stout
04-15-2013, 06:31 PM
This fellow is the same bird I posted a few days ago, now climbing up above the tree line. Now of course, its the far wing that isn't in the best position, but I like his bank, the stretched legs, great breeding colors, and of course the mangrove BG

D4 600VR TC 14 f/6.3 1/3200s ISO 640 tripod mounted

Post: The wing was just clipped at the top, so added canvas there, selective sharpening

Advice and comments always appreciated

Cheers

Randy

David Salem
04-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Very nice in flight shot. Ya, maybe a bit better right wing position, but beside that, it a killer shot. Sometimes the far wing behind the head gives the head more of a 3D look to it as in this shot. Great breeding colors on this bird and the pink of the bill really looks cool. Exposure looks perfect as do the details, especially on the face and the under wing.
Great that you got a varied BG too. Nice!!

Satish Ranadive
04-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Randy Sir:
I like the how beautifully bird pops up against beautiful BG. Love the flight pose with nice wing position,magical colors and wonderful details in lovely lights.
Great composition too.

Regards,
Satish.

mohammad reza shahab
04-16-2013, 03:47 AM
beautifully flight pose,very nice BG,colors and wonderful details.

christopher galeski
04-16-2013, 04:51 AM
good capture Randy,sharp good details,great light and BG,would like a bit more room infront of the bird for me.well done.

PhilCook
04-16-2013, 06:04 AM
Looking for a fault...........nope, all clear...beautiful shot Randy. Especialy like the quality of light on the bird and that extra loveley backdrop, enviable sir !

Faraaz Abdool
04-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Hey Randy - excellent shot of this reddish here. Love the exposure, pose and fantastic colour, not to mention the varied BG. The uppermost primary - it seems like the main stem in the feather is broken - is that a result of post work or is that how it was?

Karl Egressy
04-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Beautiful flight shot, Randi. Great details good flight pose, nice background.

Randy Stout
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Faraaz: I had just enough of the last primary in the original to tell that it was in fact broken off, not an artifact of my post work. I could probably rebuild it, but I left it as it was in nature.

Cheers

Randy

vishaljadhav
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Nice one Randy
the 2 tone bg works nicely for me, the bird is so nicely captured, like your choice of keeping it natural
great sharpness

Miguel Palaviccini
04-16-2013, 05:08 PM
Randy,

The colors here (pinks, browns, greys) really work well with the bg. As you mentioned, the right wing isn't in the best position, and I wonder if they every stretch out fully.

Look forward to some more!

Miguel