Rudi van den Heever
04-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Location: Mountain Sanctuary Park, North West Province, South Africa
Equipment: Canon 7D and 10-22mm lens with circular polarizer
A blend of two exposures...

Anette Mossbacher
04-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Hi Rudi,

nice scene you got here. The rock on the LHS side is a little bit to dominant to me, but that is just me. Above the rock, the grass is a bit to much 'light' & green green, when considering the light overall in the scene. Maybe bringing it more to the color side like the grass on the RHS. I tiny tad, that it looks more balanced. This is just my opinion. Everybody has a different taste :bg3:
The rock in the middle, might would turn down the Highlights a tiny bit.
Have a great day

Ciao
Anette

Don Railton
04-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi Rudi.

Beautiful image... I love the rich colours you get with a polariser and its worked well here.

I am going to agree with Anette, I think the big rock is too dominant, and I would have it come in to no more than a third from the LHS. The grass does not bother me although I agree the bright rock in the center could be toned down a touch. When I see that nice reflection disappearing into the bottom of the frame I wonder if you thought about a vertical format image showing more of the pool and a bit less of the rock?? maybe just including the nice tree on the left..

DON

Rudi van den Heever
04-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Thnaks for the feedback guys! Did not have much time up there before I had to hike back. So yes, your thoughts on the composition convinced me to go back sooner than planned! :w3

Jerry van Dijk
04-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi Rudi, looks like a magical place! Don and Anette already covered my comments.

Andrew McLachlan
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi Rudi, this looks like an amazing place to visit...I really like the rock on the left but do agree with Anette that maybe a little less of it would be better. I might tone down the overall saturation just a touch if it were mine. Lovely work!

Morkel Erasmus
04-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Rudi, sorry for being late to this one...
As with most of your recent blends, my eyes are bugged by the brighter apparent luminosity in the foreground compared to the sky. Evening out the exposure would make it more pleasing and natural.
Comp-wise I feel the others from this spot were stronger? The bush on the LHS sticking up bugs me in this one.
Sorry if I'm too blunt - it's late at night and I'm shooting straight for time :w3

Arthur Morris
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I'll swim against the tide a bit here. I like the image design; it looks as if you took some time arranging the elements with your choice of perspective.

Rudi van den Heever
06-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks Arthur! Appreciate your expert input!