PDA

View Full Version : Blue Winged Minla

vishaljadhav
04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Back after a break of 2 weeks was off to the himalaya foothills to see if i could do some birding in the area was fun watching new species

This one is a Blue winged Minla or now called a Blue winged siva

I did manage a few poses of this bird on previous days however when i saw this one i decided to make a image as it was more unique

Canon 5D MIII + canon 400 f 2.8 L IS + 2X TC

ISO 1000, F 8 , 1/200

Critique and suggestions are welcome

PhilCook
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Liking very much the inquisitive posture with eye contact, a rather nice dorsal view which is something we don't often see in detail. Background is nicely clutter free, fine detail is coming through as well and overall it has that 3D look. My only thought would be the eye, it is lovely and clear, but maybe a little too reflective so just dakening the pupil may help there

Sachin Saraf
04-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi Vishal, what a nice capture...excellent dorsal view with lots of details...a new species for me...good suggestion by Phil above. Also, I feel there is slight motion blur in head. Wish you had bumped ISO to 1600-3200 for higher SS...I am sure 5D MK III can definitely handle higher ISO comfortably...TFS

prasanna av
04-15-2013, 11:19 PM
lovely shot.

Satish Ranadive
04-16-2013, 01:14 AM
Vishal:
Wonderful composition.Excellent image with very nice pose,tack sharp,nice colors and great BG.
Love the frame.

Regards,
Satish.

vishaljadhav
04-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Hi Vishal, what a nice capture...excellent dorsal view with lots of details...a new species for me...good suggestion by Phil above. Also, I feel there is slight motion blur in head. Wish you had bumped ISO to 1600-3200 for higher SS...I am sure 5D MK III can definitely handle higher ISO comfortably...TFS

Sachin,
I do not see any motion blur in the head the beak is rock solid , its not always about the shutter speeds i guess.
i was shooting at a perch which the birds were choosing to come towards the water, so the BG was common all the time, choosing slower shutter speeds made me get slightly different patterns in the BG in the series .

mohammad reza shahab
04-16-2013, 03:51 AM
great BG,colors and very nice pose.

christopher galeski
04-16-2013, 04:56 AM
nice capture,like the pose and BG,agree the head looks like a bit of motion blur.

Faraaz Abdool
04-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Something's up with the head, but I'm not sure what. Maybe it's just the reflectiveness of the eye? Anyway, barring that - this is a lovely shot, very interesting composition with a lovely muted BG. Interesting pose too, I'm accustomed to seeing birds from below, nice to see this one from another angle.

vishaljadhav
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks all