PDA

View Full Version : The eye

Cheryl Slechta
04-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I was helping a friend do a model shoot last week at Kanapaha Gardens and while he was changing lenses the model, Stacy, was leaning against a lattice fence and I knew we had this theme coming up so I shot away. I used several Nik filters to soften the image and then Topaz B&W.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
04-14-2013, 09:19 PM
I like the contrast of the model against the strong lines of the lattice and the texture of the wood. The sun adds some nice highlights. I wish there were either more or none on her face, but that's not so big a deal. The image looks good in B&W.

Hazel Grant
04-14-2013, 10:09 PM
I too like the textures vs face view. That little streak of light near the eye is a bit distracting, but not major. NIce shot.

Bob Miller
04-14-2013, 10:43 PM
HI Cheryl...I think i agree with Dennis...just the eye alone is another composition worth shooting!

John Ippolito
04-15-2013, 01:30 AM
Hi Cheryl,
The more I look at this, the more I find. Reverse vignette, the subtle broken sliver from the fence lattice... but more interesting is the tension and uncertainty with the "almost" view of the other eye and the small portion of her mouth that leaves me with a desire to know more about the model and why she is looking through the lattice. Captivating in its ambiguity. Nicely done!

Anita Bower
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Clever of you to seize the opportunity. Good job. I like how the eye is framed. The white vignetting works nicely with the tones of the image. I see Dennis' point about wishing the model's face were all in shadow. But, great job.

Nancy Bell
04-16-2013, 10:14 AM
This is provocative. The physical elements and the pp capture & emphasize a brief moment of unguarded "non-posing" by the model.

Kerry Perkins
04-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Oh, very nice Cheryl. I agree with Anita that you did a great job of making use of an opportunity, and in doing so made a captivating image. Good comments above, with which I agree. I would add that I love the way her hair curves around her face, hugging the line of her blouse and completing the oval shape that works so well with all the squares. This is a wonderful image in my book, demonstrating excellent use of many photographic and artistic techniques.

Paul Lagasi
04-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Wow, B & W is a winner. Nice timely moment, captured. Sometimes those moments work out for the best. I think for the theme, yes just the eye should show. From an image standpoint, the face is killer. Very nice work