PDA

View Full Version : Takedown and folding of Ameristep Dog House Blind

John Lentz
04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I just bought an Ameristep dog house collapsible bling and I thought that thing was going to beat me to death when I attempted to fold that critter. It came with written instructions (very poor) and somehow by accident, I managed to fold it and get it back into the case. Has anyone else had a problem with folding this bugger? :2eyes2:

Jim Michael
04-14-2013, 07:28 PM
What, no video? :t3

John Lentz
04-14-2013, 07:35 PM
I found a video in You tube and it guided me through folding, after I had already managed to get it collapsed

Daniel Cadieux
04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I have the Ameristep outhouse blind and it took me a few times to get comfortable folding it back down. Even now, every so often it gets stubborn with me. The first time I tried it I nearly had a fit!! They are great bang for the buck though...

John Lentz
04-14-2013, 08:51 PM
You should have seen me this afternoon. Bad word, bad word.......I FINALLY by accident, folded it. Will have to practice this multiple times to get it right. Thanks for the info

BobbyPerkins
04-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Oh too funny! I remember when I first got mine as well. Was like Porky Pig struggling with a folding chair. The first takedown was infuriating, but got easier. As Daniel stated they are a great bang for the buck, as I'm still using mine and have had it for a few years now.

John Lentz
04-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Thank you to all who responded to my post. Bobby, you think you looked like "Porky the pig with a folding chair." I imagine my neighbors thought I looked and sounded the Tasmanian Devil trying to work the &*)&^ thing. Thought at one time, I was going to be folded up in that thing. it's now in my Subaru ready for my big safari...shooting pictures of the two dogs and anything brave enough to cross my path.

Grace Scalzo
04-22-2013, 04:42 PM
LOL at this thread. Been there, done that. Even had to ask for help which I NEVER do!!