PDA

View Full Version : Ah my little Chickadee, when I look into your eyes...........

PhilCook
04-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Pair of common Galahs spotted high in a tree next to their nesting hollow { not shown}....common but not always possible to get both male/female together like this, kinda liked the intimate posture.

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 x TC.....700mm, f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 800, hand held, no flash.......fairly large crop, selective sharpen and noise reduction to backdrop

Jim Neiger
04-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Cool image, Phil! When I was in Australia, I photographed a pair of Galahs copulating. When most birds copulate, it only takes a few seconds. When the Galahs I saw did it, it went on for almost 10 minutes.

Nancy Bell
04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Great capture of a sweet pose. When I saw my first galahs in Australia my jaw nearly dropped with that deep pink color. You could possibly lower the intensity of those white bits showing through in the bkgd as they are somewhat distracting from the main attraction.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Lovely image Phil, the posture, the behaviour & comp is very cool.

PhilCook
04-15-2013, 02:37 AM
Cool image, Phil! When I was in Australia, I photographed a pair of Galahs copulating. When most birds copulate, it only takes a few seconds. When the Galahs I saw did it, it went on for almost 10 minutes.

hahahaha......what can I say ? hahaha...thanks Jim

Stu Bowie
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Hi Phil, Ive always enjoyed the colours on this species, and you have captured the tender moment nicely. I feel your central placements works well.

Daniel Cadieux
04-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Ahh, sweet interaction. Nice colours, and the BG works very well. I wouldn't mind the pair more to the right and slightly higher in the frame, but OK as is. Interesting difference in eye colour!

PhilCook
04-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi Phil, Ive always enjoyed the colours on this species, and you have captured the tender moment nicely. I feel your central placements works well.

Thanks Stuart, I was concerned about the central placement but I thought this was the better choice

Sachin Saraf
04-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Hi Phil, This is such a lovely image showing the interaction between two birds and nice title...Love the colors and moment you captured here...TFS

David Salem
04-16-2013, 03:19 AM
Great interaction shot of this loving couple. Exposure, colors and details are all very nice. I like the natural BG too. Well done!