PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Merganser Diving.

Karl Egressy
04-14-2013, 12:38 PM
It was shot at the nick of time.
The next frame shows the head submerged into the water, but the body was still up.
The eye looks funny probably because he already had put on the underwater goggles.:bg3:
Thanks for looking.

Canon 1D MIV
Canon 500 f4. +1.4x
ISO 800
f 7.1
1/1600 s

Randy Stout
04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Karl:

Very good timing, not easy to catch them just going in . Nice bg colors. Agree the nictitating membrane is closed, could consider just darkening the pupil a bit to increase the apparent sharpness.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
04-14-2013, 01:43 PM
It's not often you get a frame where the bill touching the water but with no surface breaking yet!! Nice warm colours with the hint of blue in the water. I almost get the impression the image may need a bit of CCW rotation, and I may be tempted to crop some off the bottom.

Stu Bowie
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Hi Karl, lots of colours on this fellow, and great seeing the droplets on his back. Comp wise, I would be tempted to take off the top, as he is looking down into the water.

andresleon
04-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Terrific timing! It does seem like the image could be rotated a bit counter clock wise. Also, As Daniel explained earlier, I would crop the bottom a little. If the water had been more calm and you had been able to get a cleaner and smoother reflection then I would have left it as is. Great shot regardless!