PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to track events, emails, etc?

Jim Poor
05-01-2008, 03:18 PM
I recently did a targeted E-mail campaign, if you can really call it that, and the results are better than expected.

I'm OK right now, but if this takes off, I need a better way of tracking who I have sent what emails to, and if there are any that I need to respond to or that I'm expecting info from etc etc.

I'm also looking at scheduling for events (out of 21 emails, I've booked 6 events so far and there are few maybes still pending). I suppose I also need to track rejections too (only one so far :) )

I'm on a MAC so computer based solutions should keep that in mind.

I have Entourage with Office 08 for MAC, but I've never used it. If the program is robust enough (???) I'll get a book on it or something.

Other ideas?

Larry Daniel
05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
iCal and Mail. Smart folders in Mail?

Unfortunately last I tried Windows users don't get the same invite from iCal that Mac users receive. They do get an email invite. You may also want to use .mac to set up a group calendar, etc. Might take the place of the invite funcion?

Jim Poor
05-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the ideas Larry. I don't think I will be sending invites like I would for a meeting at work. I'm looking mainly for tracking my own info and don't need group functions so much.

That said, I've been using iCal to track dates of events. Now I just need a good way to track correspondence.

Larry Daniel
05-02-2008, 04:20 PM
hmmm, tough question as I don't do this. Multiple Smart Folders would be my first thought. Events smart folders and maybe a couple of regular folders? One for Need to Reply, another for Awaiting Reply, etc.?

Jim Poor
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah, that is pretty much what I'm doing now. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Thanks

Larry Daniel
05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
You might find some Entourage users over at MacOSG.com. Or do a search on it there to see what may have been posted?

Jim Poor
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out. Being semi-new to Mac I always like to check out new Mac stuff anyway.