PDA

View Full Version : G&T mountain

Steve Kaluski
04-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Taken towards the later part of the afternoon from our balcony overlooking the mountain whilst enjoying a very large & strong G&T. Not sure who named the mountain, but I'm glad they did. Just toned it with a selenium tint. Think I could push the Contrast/Curves a tad more for a bit more 'bite'?

Steve

Subject: Gin & Tonic mountain late afternoon
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 70-200f/2.8 MKII HH
Exposure: 1/1000s at f/11 ISO200 0 stop compensation

Rachel Hollander
04-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Steve - I love the dramatic lighting and think your conversion with the slight tint works really well. This is one of those images that you can play with the contrast and light probably an infinite number of ways and there's no right or wrong, just a matter of taste. I would apply a little LCE though.

TFS,
Rachel

Rachel Hollander
04-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Hi again Steve, here's a quick rp to illustrate my thoughts. I applied a curves adjustment to augment the dramatic light with the sky masked out and then LCE at 20,10,0. WDYT?

Rachel

Anette Mossbacher
04-14-2013, 05:31 PM
HI Steve,

great mountain, I am sure it looked with each G&T much better and more dramatic with every sip :w3

Had my play with your image as well. Did a bit different, got the whites more in and the blacks. Used a slight Soft contrast and all selective applied to the image.
WDYT ?

Ciao

Anette

Andrew McLachlan
04-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi Steve, fabulous composition!!! Many ways to go with this in terms of the contrast for the B&W version...I love each of the posts.

Morkel Erasmus
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Very nice Steve. Good call on the monochrome.
I dig Rachel's repost, though all of them differ only slightly/subtly.
:5 (post more!)

Steve Kaluski
04-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks folks, I think Rachel I would add a Curves adjustment for the whites, but on your RP it has lost some of the to me the midtones which IMHO helps give the subtle forums, could be a tricky one. :w3

Anette, like the darker sky.

Think I just need to take stock.

cheers

Steve
PS Sorry for the late reply, don't always get notifications.