PDA

View Full Version : Red head looks good on green

Randy Stout
04-13-2013, 08:48 AM
This reddish egret was blasting off from the mangroves on Tampa Bay two weeks ago while out with Capt. James. The best reddish action I had seen there, which is saying something!

D4 600VR TC14 f/6.3 1/3200s ISO 640 tripod

I wish the near wing was more open, but thought the angle on the head and the far wing were pretty good.

Advice and comments always appreciated.

Cheers

Randy

Lorant Voros
04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi Randy,

Looks like you had fun in Tampa. I like this one, though I agree about the wing pose could be a little better. Colors are nice on this individual; the great light brings them out pretty well and the bird stands out from the BG nicely. Good BIF shot; thanks for sharing.

Trey Barron
04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Great detail in the bird and I agree with your own assessment. Nice BG and colors. good work.

Miguel Palaviccini
04-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Randy,

Nicely captured. While I do wish that his left wing showed a bit better, the head angle and detail more than makes up for it.

Nice to see one of these guys in flight, as most images are of them wading and dancing. Hope to see some more from your trip!

Miguel

Jim Crosswell
04-13-2013, 02:30 PM
I like sharpness, details, breeding colours, exposure and BG. I agree that wing position is not optimal but still wish I had it in my files. Well done Randy!

Sachin Saraf
04-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Hi Randy, wonderful image of this handsome bird...exposure, details wing position everything look great...but I would remove some space from bottom and add some to top and to our left to make it slightly pano crop..TFS

PhilCook
04-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Not overly fussed about wing position with this extra sharp shot, great job on the semi front on shot, the head is nicely sharp with stunning detail....wonderful looking subject

Doug Brown
04-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Excellent sharpness and a gorgeous green BG. Agree with your self-assessment about the wing position.