05-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Canon 30D
Canon 35-350mm @350
Tripod
f/5.6
Shutter speed 1/60

Michael Pancier
05-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Juan, did you use a multiple flash set up here?

Gyorgy Szimuly
05-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Despite the low shutter speed the eyes is sharp.
Love this image especially the raining condition.
There is some blur on the bill... on my screen.
Szimi

Alfred Forns
05-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Good mood with the rain streaks and soft colors Did very well with the slow shutter speed Amazingly sharp ... no flash !!! Might have helped !!!! I think the head is a little turned the other way !!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-01-2008, 05:08 PM
:)No, I did not use flash at all, just the natural light.
Juan, did you use a multiple flash set up here?

Steve Maxson
05-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I like the composition and background, Juan. The raindrops add interest. I think there is a green color cast in the image. This might seem an odd thing to say about a green bird against a green background, but when I look at the eye, the highlight, which I presume is a reflection of the gray overcast sky, is actually a light green color on my monitor.

Doug Brown
05-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Nicely done! Love the rain and the soft green BG. Eye is nice and sharp. I might consider a little selective sharpening of the feathers on the body. Perhaps a little more canvas on the left. I am a big fan of natural light hummer photography and you've done very well with this.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Its funny that when I saw the picture uploaded I also noted the green cast, is weird since it does not look like that on my monitor, I donīt know what to say, but it looks very normal on my screen
I like the composition and background, Juan. The raindrops add interest. I think there is a green color cast in the image. This might seem an odd thing to say about a green bird against a green background, but when I look at the eye, the highlight, which I presume is a reflection of the gray overcast sky, is actually a light green color on my monitor.

Blake Shadle
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Very nicely done. I really like the falling rain in the background of the image. Quite sharp at that shutter speed (good work). I might add just a little more USM. When you have a lot of one color in an image, that color tends to get into everything.