PDA

View Full Version : Great Egret Posing at Venice

Dennis Zaebst
04-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I liked the pose this egret struck, looking back over its shoulder to its left, the plume of feathers to the Lower Right, plus the red mangrove berries below in the foliage. Taken about 8:30 a.m this January 22. I hope the delicate plume shows up well in the JPEG. If not, I would appreciate suggestions on how to increase its visibility.

Canon 1D IV, ISO 1600
500 mm f/4L IS
1/1250 sec. @ f/8.0

PP in LR 4.4; significant crop to vertical from a horizontal; Reduced highlights slightly, increased shadows and whites, increased clarity, vibrance, and saturation. NR to BG, and sharpening to subject. I also used adjustment brush on darker parts of bird to decrease noise.

Karl Egressy
04-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I like the pose, breeding plumage and composition, Dennis.

christopher galeski
04-12-2013, 02:48 AM
nice image,good pose and comp,sharp and good detail.

PhilCook
04-12-2013, 03:45 AM
This sis extra nice Dennis, very dreamy. All sits in the frame perfectly imo, absolutely love the powder puff plumage. The whole image with elegant bird and powder blue sky makes for a beautiful soft feel image, and the foliage/berries add a special touch that does not detract from the main subject.

I really dont see why you want to increase it's visibility, to do so would alter the whole " Angelic " look and feel to the image...change nothing is my advice.

Dennis Zaebst
04-13-2013, 10:01 AM
Thank you everyone.