PDA

View Full Version : Framed by Trees

Morkel Erasmus
04-11-2013, 08:08 AM
...since we're bantering about going on vacation and you brought up Mana Pools...I was in a sharing mood so thought I'd post this one (although I don't always like posting sequential images of the same species).

Taken in the forests of Mana Pools last June, 07h26AM on foot (crouching actually).
I am giddy about returning here soon...this time to introduce others to the Mana Magic. :tinysmile_shy_t:

Techs:
Nikon D3s
Nikkor 500mm f4 VR-II
f4.0 | 1/800 SS | ISO-560
Slight crop, still about 95% of FF image

Faraaz Abdool
04-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Fantastic framing, light and eye contact!

Cheryl Arena Molennor
04-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Love love the framing by the trees and the light is great too. Love your low angle on this Morkel. The eye looks flashed to me ?

Rachel Hollander
04-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Hi Morkel - nice walking pose and morning light. I also like the framing with the trees across the top. I do wish the tree along the rhs came down to the ground as a border.

Cheryl - I think the white by the eye is gunk and not from a flash.

TFS,
Rachel

Diane Miller
04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Stunning! I love the light and the way the focus falls off in the BG. Not so sure about the branch sticking out along the lower left hand side, but that's a small issue for such a strong image.

Brendon Cremer
04-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Lovely image and scene Morkel, as the others really like the framing by the trees, colours and detail all looks great.

Steve Kaluski
04-12-2013, 03:06 AM
What makes it for me Morkel is the light, gorgeous, great setting with the perfect subject. :cheers:

Just check the canopy part along the top, some parts look smooth other parts a bit crunchy, might just be optical?

TFS
Steve

Anette Mossbacher
04-14-2013, 04:36 PM
HI Morkel,

just love those image from you with the els in Mana. The light is great. Nothing to add to this one :bg3:

Ciao

Anette

Morkel Erasmus
04-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

Cheryl - Rachel got it spot on, purely some ele eye gunk, no flash used :bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
04-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Excellent shot, I like the colours, I suspect they could have easily gone muddy. Framing/timing excellent.

Michael Rominger Jr
04-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Gorgeous image Morkel! Framing,light and exposure really nail it for me. This are such wonderful beast and I love the setting you have captured this in. The branches don't bother me although I am slightly distracted by the eye gunk. Not sure how far you are ok with taking your PP so I won't suggest removing it although I think I may consider it if it were mine. Either way would love to have this on my wall!

Morkel Erasmus
04-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Thanks Jonathan and Michael.
In general (99% of the time) I follow a no-cloning ethic, so will leave the eye gunk :w3.

Michael Rominger Jr
04-19-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks Jonathan and Michael.
In general (99% of the time) I follow a no-cloning ethic, so will leave the eye gunk :w3.

You're very welcome and I completely understand! Lovely image!