PDA

View Full Version : Black Winged Stilt

Sachin Saraf
04-10-2013, 08:23 PM
Things have changed for me and I am getting less and less time for photography and PP/posting images here on BPN...I still try to take out time and take a quick look at the wonderful images posted...

I made this image during my short trip to India. Wish the bird kept it self clean. I liked the open beak and pose...Not sure about the FG vegetation but I left it as is for environment feel. Hope you all like it...

looking forward to C&C to learn from and make this image even better..

PP: CCW rotation, NR on BG, sharpening, removed additional catch light and cropped.
1/2000 | ƒ/7.1 | ISO 800 | 700 mm

Trey Barron
04-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Nice job, I like the calling pose and I don't mind the foreground vegetation. It looks like it could use a bit of cw rotations, but that may be an illusion of the rippled water.

Jeannean Ryman
04-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Interesting to see a variation of our Black-necked Stilts. I also like the pose and open beak. The vegetation doesn't bother me. One thing my eye was immediately drawn to, is the "smudge" on the upper part of the wing just where the white meets the black. Not sure what caused that because part of the detail is there.

Daniel Cadieux
04-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Neat calling pose, good colours, and I like the bits of vegetation sticking out of the water. I'm OK with the FG too. Does need CCW rotation to my eyes too, and I would tone down the brightest grass at bottom as it seems to grab my attention. There is a dark halo along the outside of the neck.

Marina Scarr
04-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Super calling pose and what an awesome subject. Nice angle and good light. Agree with Daniel on the rotation and I am seeing a halo around the top of the bird.

Sachin Saraf
04-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Thank you all for taking out time and for nice comments and suggestions.