PDA

View Full Version : Whistling Kite on high

PhilCook
04-09-2013, 07:21 AM
IQ is not good on this, fine detail lacking on back, and no time to adjust camera settings, but I think worth showing. It was long shot and big crop, but surprised it came out as well as it did. A vagrant in my area, seen on Sunday just gone, must of been lost and didn't hang around long, but enough time to rattle off a couple of frames before it headed south in a hurry.

Canon 7D + 500 f4 + 1.4 x TC......700mm, f8, 1/1000, ISO 200......hand held resting on a railing..... long shot, big crop to vertical, cloned out a bottom branch, selective sharpen and slight curves adjust

Satish Ranadive
04-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Phil:
Magnificent look back pose,beautiful HA,lights,BG,perch and composition.
Congrats for getting picture vagrants.

Regards,
Satish.

arash_hazeghi
04-09-2013, 09:01 AM
details aren't bad at this size, nice topside view it's a handsome raptor too. good eye contact. Shooting angle was a bit steep and I find the 2nd branch a bit distracting although I like the greens.

TFS

Stu Bowie
04-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi Phil, IQ not bad at all, and I like the look back pose - shows off that beak nicely. I do like the vertical comp, and not sure is some additional selective sharpening on the back will hold up - worth a try if you havent already.

Karl Egressy
04-09-2013, 06:20 PM
We don't see too many raptors from Australia. This one is a real beuty, Phil. The looking back over the soulder pose is excellent. Sharpness, feather detail is perfect and I like the perch too.

gail bisson
04-09-2013, 06:37 PM
I think the IQ held up pretty well.
I like the green in the perch.Shooting angle a bit high but you know that already! Cool looking raptor.
TFS,
Gail

dankearl
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Good self critique, although I don't think the IQ is bad at all.
I just think one branch too many for me.

Jim Crosswell
04-10-2013, 09:02 AM
I like the look back pose, perch and composition. Nice image Phil.